Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Animals in Cambodia

You know I like animals, so I will tell you about the animals in Cambodia. Some of the animals in Cambodia look cute. Some look ugly. All of the cats are cute but some of the dogs are ugly. I wish I could pet them but I can’t because they might have rabies and none of them look healthy. So that stinks! I got to pet the cats at The Wagon Wheel restaurant. I also petted the cat at The Starfish restaurant, which was next to Rajana, a craft organization supported by MCC. I also got to pet the dog at our hotel at the beach. He was very soft! I got to see a kitten at school. It was just born because it still had its eyes closed. It was as small as a rat.
Mom won’t let me buy a cat because we couldn’t travel. But mom promised me I could get a pet like fish. One of the Geckos that we saw was in our sink. I wanted to catch it but did not know if it would bite. We have them on our walls and ceiling every night.
We hear frogs and big geckos at night. Mom and me want to see a big gecko, but they run very fast. Once we saw a toad at school. People here eat frogs. I will never ever ever eat a frog. But Austin wants too.
I once got to feed the elephant at Wat Phnom. I hope to ride on that elephant someday. I got to feed the monkeys peanuts at Wat Phnom Park. I almost got to pet a baby monkey. Some of the birds get captured and sold for pets. I wish I could get one but have no birdcage.
Our neighbors have fish. I am so jealous, seriously. We ate fish tonight for supper. But I didn’t get to pet it before it got chopped up.
Close to our road there are goats eating the overgrown grass and trash.
I miss my cats, Addie and Levi, so so so so much.

By Acacia Sachs

2 comments:

  1. Hi Acacia and all the Sachs,
    I would Miss my cat, too, if I had to leave her, but you are right that many of the cats and dogs are unhealthy there. Hope you get a pretty fish. When you do, post a picture.

    Study hard. We miss you! Mr. and Mrs. Saline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acacia,
    I just started teaching today. I miss the three of you already. I hope you take time out of all your interesting and fun experiences to keep up with the piano.

    I love your account of all the animals there. I would miss Angel if I had to leave her for an extended time. Hopefully your cats are being well care for.

    Mrs. Cosey

    ReplyDelete