Friday, March 12, 2010

Elephants fun or not so fun



Last weekend we went to Mondulkiri, a province in the eastern part of Cambodia. We had a five day weekend so we decided we should go somewhere. My dad wanted to go to Mondulkiri cause its the coolest place in Cambodia the rest of us wanted to go cause you can ride elephants through the jungle there.

So we rode elephants. Let me give you a pre-warning before you start to get jealous- Elephants are NOT comfortable. It was really fun for the first hour, a little scary looking out of the basket you sit in but pretty fun. But by the time we got off for lunch I was glad to. I was sore from being knocked around in the small baskets and not being able to stretch my legs.. But I was still enjoying the ride, we had rode for two hours before we stopped for lunch. Our lodge had packed us fried rice. We had lunch at a waterfall while the elephants rested. We cooled off in the water and Austin and Acacia swam in the pool below the waterfall. What was supposed to be a two hour break turned into a three and a half hour break.
Then we got back in the elephants and went on the two
hour ride back to the village. By the end I was very glad to get on my own two feet and was quite sore the rest of the day. All in all it was a cool experience but not one I think I need twice in my life, once is more than okay with me.

Janaya

No comments:

Post a Comment