Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Last Days at Logos

Today yearbooks were passed out and as I was reading some of the notes people wrote in mine I was thinking about how blessed I was to get to go to a school like Logos. I really don’t think any school could ever compare. God really used Logos to change me this year and as I reflect on the school I think about how I never would have guessed that Logos would be like well Logos. I remember giving my part of our presentation on church about where we would go to school and at the time I had no idea what Logos was really like. The same goes when I wrote the blog about the first day of school.

One of the great things about Logos is the teachers. They all have great faith in God and trust in his plan for their life. They taught me so much this year about God. How he uses people in his plan, how the Old Testament applies in our lives, and more. The relationship between students and teachers though is what really makes Logos different. Students consider their teachers friends and go to them for advice not just on school but on other problems in their lives. They share their own experience and I probably know more about the teachers I had this year than any I’ve had before.

Another great thing about Logos that probably isn’t unique to Logos but was new to me was chapel and homeroom. Each day you start off we devotions in your homeroom some days its just quick cramming for a test but others would be listening to a testimony or singing worship songs. We also had chapel every other week, which was usually singing, and a speaker. I also went to a high school girls bible study once a week, which really helped me see what God was doing in the lives of other students and learn a lot.

God really blessed me with Logos. Next year will be a hard adjustment back to public school but I trust that that is where God wants me for the next season in my life. If someone asked me what changed me the most while I was in Cambodia I would definitely reply Logos.

Janaya

1 comment: