Friday, June 18, 2010

What I will miss about Cambodia?


What I will miss about Cambodia?

Big smiles of the Cambodian people

The group of tuk-tuk drivers that greet me every morning as I bike past “their corner”

9 Hours of sleep every night

Cucumbers all year long that taste like they are from your own garden

Mangosteens – my favorite tropical fruit

Meeting and talking with people from all over the world

Family home together most every evening

Unexpected holidays when the administration cancels classes for odd reasons

Sunny blue skies every morning

Geckos on the walls

My Cambodian students

Lunch on the roof at MCC with new friends

Bicycle repair a half block from my house (Ron will really miss that...)

Afternoon downpours during rainy season


Okay - and a few things I will not miss...

Looking like I wet my pants every day

Traffic in Phnom Penh

Rewriting your syllabus every time the administration cancels classes

Trash everywhere

Mice in the house

Not being able to find the simplest of supplies in the chemistry department


Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment