Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend in Prey Veng


Two weekends ago we went out to the province to see friends in the town of Prey Veng. I like going to Prey Veng because it is very quiet there, except for the dogs that bark at night. Our friends have two cats and a dog. I liked the dog the most because I’ve never had a dog. My friends are lucky because they have a yard to play in.

When we were there, they borrowed bikes from friends so we could all bike together. One night we went out to monkey island, where we saw five monkeys, and a duck farm.One morning we got up early and biked a very pretty road that had trees on both sides. We biked to the riverside, which is not filled with water right now, because rainy season has only just begun. During rainy season, all the people that live on the river have to move up to the sidewalk along the road.

One night other MCC workers joined us for a wiener roast. We also had some fireworks to set off. On Sunday we made pizza, and I helped Ruth cook. I would have liked to live in the province except I do not think I would have had as many friends.

by Acacia

1 comment:

  1. I envy all your wonderful experiences in Cambodia. I can't wait to hear your stories in person. I'm sure getting back into the grind back here in PA will be an adjustment. Are you ready to do piano again? You don't have to answer that question.

    Mrs. Cosey

    ReplyDelete