Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kep, Cambodia


We went to Kep on June 10 to stay and visit the surrounding areas for 3 days. On the first day we got there around lunch time so we went down to the crab market for our first lunch. That lunch we all had crab for lunch with Kampot pepper. To me the crab wasn’t worth it because it took to much work to get the meat out. So I never had crab again. Then we went to the pool at the hotel to swim for the rest of the day.

For supper that night we went down back to the crab market. For supper we went to a tapa place for supper, but only Acacia ordered the tapas. For supper Janaya, Mom, and Dad had mee cha (fried noodles) with seafood and I had a whole fish (I literally mean the whole fish, eyes included) with veggies for supper.

The next day we took a early boat down to Rabbit Island after breakfast for the day. Rabbit Island is so called the best beach in Cambodia (which isn’t really much). The stay there was to be a relaxful and peaceful time to rest. There Acacia and I got snorkels to snorkel and Janaya got a innertube. For lunch Acacia had a pancake (Crepe) with banana and chocolate while the rest of us got seafood again.

The next day we were going to go to the caves outside of Kampot and for lunch to the “The Rusty Keyhole.” The “Rusty Keyhole” in most western food reviews is said to have the best ribs in Cambodia. The caves weren’t the best and were covered with the smell of incense and Buddhist shrines so they didn’t turn out as expected. So we left for Kampot. When we got to the river in Kampot where it was supposed to be, we found out that the restaurant had moved farther out of the city. So we went on and found it open and had lunch there. The rest of the day we swam at the pool. - Austin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sachs family -
    Our time in Cambodia never overlapped so I never got to meet you, but I've heard about your family from Messiah College friends and other MCCers.

    I began reading this post and my mouth immediately started watering over the idea of Kep crab and pepper. I miss that terribly and my host mother always told me that Kampot pepper was the best in the world. Austin, I'm sorry it was too much work for you, but I hope your family enjoys the remaining time there.

    Blessings,
    Christa

    ReplyDelete